Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Memory 3


On the day of my baptism, I was a nervous little bunny rabbit. I called the missionaries, who were coming to my house to get pictures with my family, to say that they were late. The missionary who was baptizing me had left four weeks earlier. He got on the phone and asked me why i was nervous. After explaining my fears, I had never seen a Baptism before, he told me that I had no reason to be nervous. He was the nervous one. He had visions of him dropping me and me slipping and hitting my head on the tile in the font and bleeding out!

They came to my house and we took pictures. Barker was going to kneel down to get a picture with me but the flower petals would stain his knees so he squated and I pounced from behind...Best picture from the day! When we actually got there, very few people showed up...Birkette, the elder who baptized me, could not remember my middle name to say his life.

When we got in the font, he was so nervous he forgot to wet my hair. WHen he dipped me down, my hair did not go under. He was so focused on that he pushed me under and my legs went flying, my dress went up, and I went swimming in the baptismal font...but my leg didn't pop out!

I fought so badly with Barker I almost cancelled the whole thing initially...and I am so glad I didn't! Afterwards, I brought a sweater to change into...that didn't fit...so my shirt was falling down the whole time! One of the elders who was my witness admitted he saw my dress go up! I got shot at by a missionary with a Nerf Gun! We all took a ride in my huge car...an experience in and of itself...And several sets of senior missionaries came! We went out to buffalo wild wings and it was quite the day! April 24, 2010...It was a day to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment